Submitting a Proposal
Theme for the 2016 Annual Meeting: Global Migrations: Empires, Nations, and Neighbors
- Call for Proposals for the 130th annual meeting in 2016
- AHA Annual Meeting Guidelines (revised and approved by the AHA Council, June 8, 2014)
- Submit a Proposal (online only): The link will be posted in late fall.
- The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2016 meeting is February 15, 2015.
Before submitting a proposal online, session organizers should collect the following information, which will be needed to submit a complete proposal:
- Session title (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract (up to 500 words)
- Paper or presentation titles
- Abstract or description for each presentation (up to 300 words)
- Biographical paragraph or CV summary (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Correct e-mail address for each participant
- Affiliation, city, state, and country for each participant
- Chair (required) and commentator (optional) for the session
- Audiovisual needs, if any
- Are the participants willing to entertaion requests to record the session from the press?
Organizers submitting multi-session workshops will also be required to submit a brief description of the overall purpose and goals of the workshop. Organizers submitting experimental sessions will be asked to submit a 75-word description of the session format.
Organizers submitting poster proposals will need:
- Poster title
- Abstract of poster (up to 500 words)
- Biographical paragraph or CV summary (up to 250 words)
For detailed instructions and advice about using the online proposal system, consult the Frequently Asked Questions about the Submission of Proposals. See here for advice on crafting an effective panel proposal. Questions about policies, modes of presentation, and the electronic submissions process should be directed to the AHA staff.
To help members find sessions of interest, the online program for the 2016 annual meeting will include links to the abstracts for sessions and presentations entered into the electronic proposal system. Abstracts will be published as submitted to the Program Committee; individuals will not have the opportunity to edit abstracts after the February 15 proposal deadline. Please enter and review the information with that in mind.