J. Franklin Jameson Award Recipients

The Jameson Award was established by Council in 1974 to be awarded every five years for outstanding achievement in the editing of historical sources. The prize, which was first offered in 1980, honors J. Franklin Jameson, a founding member of the Association, its president in 1907, and an influential proponent of historical study. In 2007 the AHA Council made the decision to change the frequency of the award from every five years to biennially.

There is no monetary prize, but the winner receives a certificate in recognition of the award. To be eligible for consideration, works must be of a scholarly, historical nature; review or journal editing is not eligible.