Joint AHA-Organization of American Historians (OAH) Committee on Part-time and Adjunct Employment
Established as an ad hoc committee in January 2000,
established as a joint committee in January 2001.
Purpose: To examine the proliferation of part-time and adjunct employment in higher education, provide "best practices" for both employers and employees, and to advocate on behalf of part-timers and adjuncts within the profession.
Assignment to Division: Reports on its work to the Professional Division.
6 AHA members, 6 OAH members
From the AHA
- David J. Weber, (Southern Methodist Univ.)
- Arnita A. Jones (executive director, AHA), ex officio
- Debbie Ann Doyle (public history coordinator), ex officio
From the OAH
- Lee Formwalt (executive director, OAH), ex officio
- Elizabeth Hohl (Fairfield Univ.)
- Arlene Lazarowitz (California State Univ. at Long Beach)
- Rusty Monhollon (Hood Coll.)
- Donald W. Rogers (Central Connecticut State Univ.)
- Howard Shorr (Portland Community Coll.)
- Debbie Ann Doyle
Documents and Reports
Last Updated: September 9, 2008 1:47 PM
Statements on Part-time and Academic Employment for Historians
Employment Articles and Information
Links to sites with related information